Coinfloor is a trading name of Coinfloor Limited (“We”, “Us” and “Coinfloor”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with the Terms and Conditions, explains how We may process any information that We collect from you, or that your provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“Personal Information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this policy, “process” means to collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. Please read this policy carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your Personal Information and how We will treat it.
Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
What personal information do We collect?
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of Personal Information. All data collected will be stored for a minimum of five years.
We may, from time to time, ask you to complete surveys and give feedback We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- If you register as a user of the Platform, you will be asked to complete an application which will require you to provide your personal details, including, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, telephone number, bank account details, bitcoin wallet details, trading experience, income bracket, a proof of identity, and a proof of address;
- When you contact Us, by email, telephone, or through any contract form provided by Us, We may ask you to provide some or all of the information set out in the paragraph above. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address, so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service;
- We may collect, store, and use information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Platform and your visits to and use of the Platform (including, without limitation, your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, Internet Service Provider, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, Platform navigation, and search terms that you use); and
- We collect data regarding your deposits, withdrawals and trades on Our Platform along with any provided bank details and cryptocurrency wallet addresses.
We may use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time. Accordingly, your data may be process outside the European Union.
When might We disclose personal information?
Except to the extent required by any applicable law or governmental, regulatory, or judicial body, We will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party other than to a service provider to whom We are required to disclose personal information in order for them to provide their services to Us.
Coinfloor may use a qualified third part to perform anti-money laundering checks and other necessary and appropriate checks on you. In order for the third party to do this, Coinfloor will disclose documentation containing personal information about you, including, without limitation, your proof of identity.
Newsletters and other promotional communications
If you wish to subscribe to any newsletter published by Us or wish to receive other targeted and relevant promotional communications from Us or other carefully chosen affiliates, We offer you the option to ‘opt-in’ to this service. If you change your mind and wish to stop receiving any such communications, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email from Us.
How We protect your personal information
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We take all reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal data. As part of this, We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give Us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and so We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Platform. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We use strict procedures and security features in an effort to prevent unauthorised access.
More information on our strict security regime can be found in our Cyber Security Policy.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting Us.
You also have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our administrative costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
After receiving the request, We will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether We require any fee for proving it to you.
To exercise your rights, please contact one of our data protection officers at email@example.com
- To manage and administer the Platform;
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the Platform;
- To enable you to use the Platform;
- To send you newsletters and other relevant and targeted promotional communications;
- To deal with enquiries, complaints, and feedback from you and our service providers;
- To provide third parties with statistical anonymised information about our users’
- To publish generic transactional information relating to trades undertaken using the Coinfloor platform;
- To perform compliance checks;
- To send you emails offering you to take part in surveys and/or to give feedback; and
- To analyse and improve the services offered on the Platform.
How you can complain
If you are not any issues regarding our services, please refer to our Complaints Notice.
If, however, you are in any way dissatisfied about how We process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (“ICO”). This can be done at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
. Our ICO registration number is ZA002203.
Retention period for personal information
We keep your personal information for a minimum period of six years to assist Us in providing you with our services, to comply with laws and regulations, and to support any potential legal claims.